The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 25th May 2018
How we collect your personal data
Data is collected from your credit application form, purchase orders and through your verbal orders. During the processing of your application we us a credit checking facility to obtain relevant information to help us assess customer risk. The below list itemises the data we require to create your customer record and to process your orders:-
- Company name and address
- Individual names and their positions along with their work and mobile numbers
- Company registration and VAT numbers
- Bank details and Company references
How We Store and Use Your Information
Customer records are inputted and stored on Sage Line50 from which we create reports using Microsoft packages. We use the above information to process your order through to invoice and statement and also for internal analysis purposes. We have recently started using Mailchimp, so this system will hold customer names and email addresses for the purpose of news and offers.
Third Party and Sharing Information
We will never share or sell your information to third parties for marketing or any unrelated purpose. The third parties we do use are:-
- Couriers: We use different companies depending on size of order. In this instance your company name, address and a contact name and mobile will be shared with them.
- Suppliers: In the event our supplier delivers on our behalf we will pass on your address and contact details.
- IT Support: Your information will be viewed by an external company in order to maintain our server and computer security.
We are using your personal information with your consent as you have previously ordered from our company. You can request a copy of the information we hold about you at that time, or you can request the removal of your data at any time. Please e-mail or call the office on 01159 279 166.